Using a washing-up liquid when cleaning your child's baby bottle is very effective. However, it's important to choose a gentle detergent that is kind to both baby and plantet, and, one that is specially developed for baby products.
With Herobility's detergent you can be sure that your baby's products get thoroughly cleaned. It's specially produced for baby products and very effective against milk protein, grease, fruit pulp and leftovers. On top of that, it's environmentally friendly, it consists of naturally based ingredients and the bottle is made of 95% recycled material. Our washing-up liquid is approved by the Swedish Asthma and Allergy Association.
Important steps when cleaning baby bottles
- Hygien is of highest importance when you're dealing with baby bottles and other baby products. Make sure to wash your hands thoroughly with hot water and soap, dry with a clean towel.
- A bottle brush is recommended when cleaning your baby bottles. Avoid using your regular dish brush as bacteria tend to gather on it.
- Ensure all parts of the baby bottle are cleaned properly and make sure no milk remains.
- Rinse all parts in hot water and air-dry on a clean rack, this will reduce the risk of bacteria emerging.
We recommend that you hand wash our baby bottles. Dishwasher is also fine, however, you need to follow a few guidelines:
- Wash the bottles in the upper rack
- Max 55°C / 131°F
- Do not wash in proximity to dishes that contain foods such as olive oil, tomato sauce or other colorful foods. This may discolor the plastic of the baby bottle or cause the printed measurement scale to wear off.
We do not advise boiling our products at maximum power, as extreme temperatures may cause damage. Boiling them too often, or for extended periods of time, may also cause damage to the materials, or affect how they fit together. Your new baby bottle has already been sterilized during the manufacture process.
If you still want to take steps to sterilize it further, we recommend bringing a generous amount of water to a boil, switching off the burner, disassembling the bottle and putting the parts in the hot water for 30 seconds. Then, pour out the water and let the now sterilized parts cool down before handling.
Sterilizing the nipple
Before first usage, we recommend sterilizing the nipple. Put the nipple in a saucepan, fill with cold water, bring to boil for at least 5 minutes. Gently pour the water out of the saucepan and let the nipple cool down before drying it on a rack.
Do you want to read more about our detergent? Find all information here.